Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mexico is Super Loud

​People really like to party and have fun. I feel like everyday people are playing music really loud and blowing off fireworks. During Easter it was super loud. Today we got escape the missionary training center and go on our only field trip. We got to go to the Temple and visitors center. Ill attach pictures of the temple because it is so pretty! Mexico also has this special smell. Its a mixture of humidity, trash and sewage. I love it here but sometimes the smell is no good. 

Life here is great and hard. We study from 7:00 am to 9:30 at night. We get a few breaks for gym time and meals which is great. The Spanish is getting better. I can get out words and sentences pretty easily. I know the grammar really well but I really struggle to apply it in my speaking. SO I can speak it but its not very good. My teacher a native. When I speak he just smiles because its really bad. I´m just grateful I´m not the one who converts people to this gospel. That's God´s job. I just help people come closer to him. 

I´m excited to leave soon and get into the field. Next week is my last week here. I'll be really sad to leave all my friends I've made. I still have a lot of work to do and tings to learn though before I leave. I hope everyone back home is doing well. I love all the letters I get through email and things written before I left. I'm so grateful for everyone who is supporting me. 

Love,
Sarah MacKillop



No comments:

Post a Comment