Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Transfers

I did get transferred out of Phoenix, and got transferred to English work in Paradise Valley which is a really nice rich town a little North of Phoenix. I cover two English wards. I also cover "the square." The square is a 1 mile by 1 mile square full of apartments and Hispanic people. I'm going to help my companion street contact and find people in there for other Spanish missionaries to teach. I have a lot of work here. There are so many people in English wards. I used to covering a very small area. Now we have a car and I'm the driver. I like driving. I was almost put into the YSA ward but it got switched last minute.

I took lots of pictures! They'll be up on my blog.  I live in 2 bedroom apartment with my companion. I have my own bathroom and walk in closet. Its pretty nice. Actually its really nice. There were 4 girls but the other sisters area got taken over by elders. Now there are 6 elders in a tiny apartment. I feel really bad for them.

This week will be my first English week in English work wish me luck!

Hermana Sarah MacKillop

(Sarah wasn't the only spanish sister to get moved into english.  Apparently a lot of spanish speaking sisters will be going home soon.  She will be moved back to spanish as soon as that happens.)




All these missionaries are serving in one Spanish Branch.  They were very lucky!


Sarah said she loves riding her bike at night.  Maybe because the sun is down?  



Quoted by Sarah "This Sis Orozco. She's our Relief Society president and takes very good care of us. She used to feed us two or three times a week. She's my mission mom and a beautiful Chilean lady.

She calls inicuas which means wicked. She thinks it is funny. "


Sarah and Sister Knouse are reunited for a day.  They were in the MTC for 6 weeks in Mexico.


No comments:

Post a Comment