Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I survived Mexico!

I love being in Arizona finally! It's great here. there is sooo much missionary work to do. My flight here was pretty terrible though. We needed to leave at 2:30 in morning on monday. I ended up not going to sleep because I was too excited and I had to pack. Then we had to an hour and half to even check in our luggage. Mexico is always crazy. Then we waited around awhile and talked a very nice cleaning lady in the bathroom. I slept a little on the flight, but that was it. Monday was really long, do to the lack of sleep. We did a lot of training things and I got to staying the mission home overnight. The mission president wife's is an amazing cook and very sweet lady. I like her cooking a lot. American food is a beautiful thing. I love Mexican food, but i also love american food. I don't think I've ever slept so good in my life. Then had the greatest beds. The beds in Mexico
weren't very comfortable.

Leaving my friends at the training center was really hard. I love being here in Arizona and helping people. We talk to everyone. Monday I did my first street contacting, which is where we go and talk to random people about the church. I meet a guy from Guatemala and even ended up giving him a Book of Mormon and invited him to church. His Spanish was really fast, but he spoke English too. I sent to Phoenix. It's a little Ghetto here, but I love it. Our Spanish branch is really good and we're trying to make it into a ward. I definitely got thrown into the pool. No one speaks a lot of English, here. Lots to do and lots of people to teach. I don't have a ton of time to talk but Monday I will be able to write again. 

With love,
Hermana MacKillop




No comments:

Post a Comment