Monday, October 13, 2014

It feels like fall

I have survive the refiners fire of the Arizona summer. It's starting to feel like fall. It's so beautiful outside. It reminds me of Idaho, but with less cold and more perfect. I get really confused when I walk outside and it's not super hot.

Something really cool is I got to help teach my companion's Grandma over skype. My companion's family is from West Africa.  So Sis Entin and another Elder who got evacuated from West Africa are teaching her in Creole. It's really fun because Creole is very similar to English but it is not the same. It's strange and fun to listen to. Well I guess I didn't help that much, but it was fun to watch. 

Today I cleaned the whole apartment. I feel great. I feel like a new women with an organized desk. It's been getting pretty bad, but not anymore. 

A story I really like from the Book of Mormon is the story of Nephi and his brothers. Nephi and his family went through many different kinds of trials. Nephi allowed himself to become stronger and more loyal to God, while his brothers just became bitter. Do we let hard things make us better or bitter? It's something I've been thinking about recently. 

Well till next week!
Hermana Sarah MacKillop

No comments:

Post a Comment