Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference 2014

This week has been fun. My old companion Sis Entin had emergency transfer and now we are back together! So after only 3 weeks I had to help her move back into my apartment. I also cleaned out my facebook! Or at least started. There was just so much stuff from over the years. It looks better now, but it could probably use a little more work. We should be getting iPads by the end of the year so we have to get everything ready before then. 

Today we got to go rancho market and get tortas or really big Mexican sandwiches. It was really fun especially with my English companion. I'm so full. It's been a while since I had Spanish work sized meals. 

We don't really have a ton of investigators right now. We do have a lot of less active people in the church we've been visiting. I've gotten to know a lot of really cool people. We also got to watch Meet the Mormons! It's a new movie about Mormons. Missionaries got to see it first. Members and nonmembers should go see it! It's really funny and great. 

I loved conference. Twice a year, we get to hear from our prophets and the apostles. One of my favorite things they said was about letting your kids play with everyone. Faith shouldn't be a reason not to be around certain groups of people. He called out all the people in Utah that wouldn't let their kids hang out with nonmembers and told them that was wrong.  God loves all of us and we should try to do the same! I loved my friends that weren't members when I was a kid. I think we should have some variety in our friend groups. 

Till next week!
Hermana Sarah MacKillop

No comments:

Post a Comment