Monday, September 22, 2014

Life in Paradise Valley, Arizona

These past few weeks have been big pile of crazy. We had transfers  and I'm staying in paradise valley, but I got a new companion. She's the best! Her name is Hermana Brandley. She's Laytin, Utah. I like her a lot. She's a lot of fun. She's way too nice. I've never had this problem before. We'll be at the apartment and I'll walk away for a sec and I'll come and she's done all my dishes. I think she likes service too much.

She's been sheltered for most of her life. I'm teaching her all kinds of fun things like we shouldn't be talking to drunk men at night, it's not safe. Also I taught her what "Ghetto-rigging" was. I've taught her its ok to kill mosquitos. She still feels guilty about it though.

We now work in 3 wards. Sunday was really hard. We were running around like crazy trying to go to all the meetings. We were at church from 9-4. Sometimes we hide in empty classrooms so we can take a few minutes to eat. We cover 2 English wards and one Spanish branch. So have to switch languages all the time. It's really funny to watch.

Arizona has had some super bad flooding! I'll attach pictures. Our parking was 3 feet underwater. We almost lost Wal-Mart. The whole parking lot turned into a lake.

Also everyone here cans. I've been learning how to can and enjoying home raspberry jelly. It's so good. The members here are great and give us there extras.

Well until next week!

Hermana MacKillop

No comments:

Post a Comment